BURSARIES: FULL-TIME BURSARIES FOR THE 2017 ACADEMIC YEAR - 25 October 2016
The Council for Geoscience (CGS) invites university students and Grade 12 learners to apply for the CGS full-time bursary for the 2017 academic year. The objective of the CGS bursary is to create, enhance and support expertise in the Geosciences and related technical fields.
- Be a South African citizen
- Be registered fulltime at a South African university
- Have an excellent academic record.
- Currently be in Grade 12 doing Mathematics and Physical Science
- Completed Grade 12 with Level 6 and above in both Mathematics and Physical Science
The CGS bursary programme will co-fund students studying towards PhD
The CGS will sponsor studies in the following fields
- Engineering Geology
- Economic Geology
- GIS and Geology
- Remote sensing and Geology
Preference will be given to women and learners with disabilities.
What the bursary covers
1. Registration and tuition fees
5. Excursion/ Research
6. Laptop allowance for first time bursars
How to apply
Complete the application form which is available on the CGS website www.geoscience.org.za . Please download the documents below ;
The closing date for all applications is 18 November 2016.
Please forward your application and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘Fulltime Bursaries’
Kindly note that we will only enter into correspondence with successful applicants.