Vacancy: Workshop Manager - Two Oceans Aquarium - 29 September 2016
The Two Oceans Aquarium is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person to join its Technical team, to manage the daily operation and maintenance of building systems including air conditioning and life support systems, upgrading of existing exhibits and construction of new exhibits.
Main responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Technical Support
- Implement & manage the building Maintenance plan
- Manage all building systems incl. access control, surveillance, alarms and BMS
- Manage all vehicle maintenance
- Manage Life Support Systems (LSS) operation
- Manage work request system
- Manage & motivate the workshop team
The following will be required of the successful applicant:
· Minimum National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering or Oceanography
· Minimum 3 yrs experience in building maintenance ( experience of aquatic LSS advantageous)
· Minimum 2 yrs supervisory/workshop management experience essential
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work in and manage a team
· Code B drivers licence is absolutely essential; code 10 would be advantageous
· Willingness to learn new skills pertaining to the position
· Able to work weekends and after hours when required
The following would be advantageous
· Basic understanding of pump mechanics and air-conditioning systems
· Experience in any technical field
· Knowledge & management of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
Salary and starting date are negotiable.
Preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organization. The Aquarium reserves the right not to make an appointment in the event that no suitably qualified candidates apply for the position as advertised.
Please submit a maximum two-page C.V. and covering letter of motivation to the Human Resources Manager , Les McDonald at e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 10th October 2016.
If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their application has been unsuccessful.