VACANCIES: Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries:
14 December 2016
VACANCY: Rehabilitation Coordinator SANCCOB
8 November 2016
Biodiversity Manager – Gamsberg Project
7 November 2016
VACANCY: Events Manager - ICLEI Africa (NOW CLOSED)
25 October 2016
VACANCY: Events Manager - ICLEI Africa (NOW CLOSED) - 25 October 2016
ICLEI Africa seeks to hire an exceptionally well experienced, qualified and dynamic events manager.
Applicants should be able to work independently and as part of diverse teams and ensure successful events and conferences of international standard.
Areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to:
• Event planning & logistics
• Event branding & promotion
• Managing invitation database & online bookings
• Managing budgets
• Event reporting
• Ensuring protocol is followed at high-level events
• Liaison with high-level stakeholders
• Exhibition space logistics
• Negotiation of contracts with venues, co-hosts and sponsorships
• Aligning events to overall business strategy
The candidate will manage ICLEI Africa and ICLEI’s Cities Biodiversity Center’s regular and ad hoc events, including the bi-annual pan-African Local Climate Solutions 4 Africa Congress and the global Urban Nature Symposium.
They will work closely with ICLEI’s communications office and relevant technical teams, external partners and contractors. This position also entails the management of city delegations to internal and external global and regional events.
The successful incumbent must have a passion for excellence in connecting people and creating world-class, cutting edge learning and exchange platforms for diverse participants and partners.
Position specific requirements
• A Relevant tertiary qualification related to event management and / or communications
• Minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification working experience
• Proven examples of at least 3 major national / international events managed successfully.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION VISIT: http://africa.iclei.org/contact-us/vacancies.html